According to a very trustworthy source, the Nordic Radio Amateur Union (NRAU) was founded back in 1935.
This would indicate that NRAU celebrated it's 50th anniversary in 1985, and that the 75th anniversary should have taken place in 2010.
The NRAU Constitution may be donwloaded here (PDF). The contents is the latest English version as of 17 August 2014, approved at the Porvoo meeting in Finland.
Appologies to Ivan / OZ7IS for late update of this page.
NRAU is composed of the following member societies:
Note: Click on the Society's initials above for access to their webpage.
Updates to this table to be forwarded to the NRAU Webmaster.
Page amended: 11 August 2017
Old news and webpage background
Please note that contents will be amended/updated as required, or as requested.
- 27 Mar 13: Hans / LA6IM have today transferred the ownership of the NRAU domain (nrau.net) and discussion forum to Stein-Roar (LA6FJA).
Stein-Roar takes over as the new NRAU Webmaster and domain owner with immediate effect.
Personally I take the oportunity to wish you all best 73s, hoping that this domain still has some value to the Nordic and Baltic amateur radio community, hi.
73s es gl, de Hans / LA6IM !
- 28 Feb 13: Webpages and discussion forum have been transferred to a new standalone webhotel. Plans are in progress to transfer ownership of the NRAU domain from LA6IM / Hans to LA6FJA / Stein-Roar. Users will be informed when executed.
- 02 Jul 12: The NRAU discussion forum is published, but not yet ready for registration - linked from the main menu
- 25 May 12: Released a translated draft version of the NRAU Constitution in English
- 15 May 12:
- Added events calendar
- Moved contents of former links menu to main menu
- Started editing NRAU contest details (NAC) on the calendar
- Minor tweaks to the "Upcoming events" module
- 14 May 12: Some internal tests will be performed in the coming weeks to see if it is feasable to implement NRAU and NAC Contest data and information on this domain
- The 2011 IARU Region 1 Conference took place in Sun City, South Africa, between 12 to 19 August 2011. See the IARU Region 1 webpage for details and minutes. We would also like to congratulate SM6CNN / Anders Larsson with his election as a new member of the IARU Region 1 Executive Committee
- The Nordic VUSHF Manager's meeting took place at Gjøvik between 3 and 5 June 2011. Normally this meeting should take place before the NRAU meeting, but this was not possible this year due to booking problems
- The 2011 NRAU meeting took place at Haraldvangen, Norway, between 20 and 22 May 2011
Some familiar NRAU members attending the IARU Reg 1 conference, as found in the photo gallery on the IARU Region 1 webpage: